Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bikes and Potties


We really didn't have any big plans for the weekend. That turned out to be a good thing for a few reasons. Molly was sick on Friday and Saturday. Ava is back in school for a week and brings home kid germs. I think it must have been a stomach bug of some kind. Just a 24 hour thing. For some reason this weekend everyone decided that they wanted to view our house. My theory is that if my house is clean, bring on the showings. So, we had 5 this weekend! Thank God we had my parents house to go to hang out. It was really hard to plan anything around all of the showings. My mom and I did manage to go to the parade of homes on Sunday. It was a bit of a disappointment. Not only was it packed, making it hard to even move around in the houses, it was 90 degrees. After seeing three of the houses, they all started to look the same. It was nice to get away while Mike stayed home with the girls. On Monday, we had a fun cookout with Grandma and Grandpa!

Two major milestones happened for Ava and Molly this weekend. Ava, being the last weekend of the summer, finally decided to ride her bike (with training wheels of course)! Mike and I tried and tried to get her to ride it last summer. We gave up and decided to let her ride on her own. It has taken me four years to realize that she is not a kid who will be pushed to do anything that she doesn't want to do. Everything will happen on her time. She is a great rider but her legs get tired very quickly. And we still need to practice our steering. Riding on our street is especially hard since it is so hilly. Molly was right there helping her big sister when she needed a little push!


On Saturday night, Ava and I went to church while Mike stayed home with Molly. When we got home did I ever get a surprise! Molly decided that she was ready to use the potty. She tells us that she has to go potty a lot now and runs to the bathroom to sit on her little potty. Most of the time it is a false alarm or she has already gone in her diaper. This time, Mike took of her diaper and she actually pooped in her potty! She was so proud of herself! And so were we. I really doubt that she is ready for the big girl pants but, it's a start.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Jake was the same way with his bike, but when he started, we couldn't get him off. I believe he was about 4!

Way to go Molly!! We are slowly introducing the potty too.... I feel too lazy to go there though! Good for you!