Thursday, August 21, 2008

Back to School


Today was Ava's first "full" day of school. We went on Tuesday for an orientation for a couple of hours and I got to go with her. Her new school is great. She goes on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:45-11:45. If I want her to, she can stay after that for lunch. Today she is staying for lunch. I think that they are having chicken spaghetti. There are only 14 kids in her class. 7 boys and 7 girls. Thank God it's balanced. She is going through a not liking boys stage right now. In the hallway she gets a hook to hang her backpack and inside the classroom her very own cubby. Our school last year did not have hooks or cubbies. She was very excited. Her teacher is Mrs. Urdea and the assistant is Miss Shultz. They both seem great so far. It was a lot easier leaving her this year than last year. No tears this time. I should say no tears from me. Molly did not want to leave the classroom. When we drive by Ava's school and point it out, Molly always asks "Where's my school?". So, it won't be long until she is there too! I think that she will enjoy some mommy time.

No comments: