Sunday, August 9, 2009

Weekend Project

With a new house comes lots of work! I forget what weekends are really for. Our weekends are about housework. Unpacking, cleaning, painting, and yardwork. No rest in site! I am very impressed at what we got done this weekend. The bedrooms, closets, and playroom are all set and ready to go! It was great to have my parents here ALL weekend to help out. I am slowly realizing to take one room at a time and that tomorrow is another day. It is extremely difficult to get much done with a 10 week old who doesn't nap much during the day. She has been sleeping 10 hours at night though! I can't complain too much.

Mike and my Dad worked their tails off all weekend on our new playset. On Saturday, the went and picked it up. It was my Dad's brilliant idea to stain it before putting it together. Nice work boys. It looked like new when they were finished!!






Sunday morning, after letting the stain dry, they began putting the set together. It took ALL day but well worth it! The girls are in heaven! The slide is definitely their favorite part. They even ate dinner at the new picnic table!! Thanks Daddy and Paw Paw for all your hard work!!




1 comment:

Marie said...

Nice work... sounds like things are coming together :)That looks like a fun play set!