Friday, June 3, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

We had quite and eventful weekend.  We stayed very busy which I love!  Mike spent a lot of time working on the house.  He painted all the trim and all the windows!  I appreciate all of his hard work!!  Sunday we celebrated Rachel's birthday at Fun City.  This place is the girls' favorite!  They have a fun foam factory and a little city to drive around on trikes and dress up.  Unfortunately, my camera ran out of batteries so I didn't get many pictures.  I did get some of the birthday girl though! 



On Memorial Day we went to see Kung Fu Panda 2.  Rachel's first movie!! We were hoping that with enough popcorn and pop that Rachel would sit still.  No such luck!  I ended up seeing maybe 20 minutes of the movie.  Mike and the girls enjoyed it! 




After the movie we continued our tradition of visiting a cemetery to honor the vets.  We did this for the first time last year.  The girls each get a flower to place on a veteran's grave stone.  Very powerful!  I was shocked at how busy the cemetery was.  It took us 20 minutes to get out because of the traffic!



No comments: