Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Pool

So, I have been wanting to take the girls swimming for a while now. They did so well over the summer that I don't want them to forget how to swim. I didn't know how it would go. Especially with Rachel. With an indoor pool. Would she get cold? Would she have enough to do? So, I ventured to the pool last week. And I was so pleasantly surprised! The girls did GREAT! Rachel loved the water! Molly remembered all her techniques and was even diving underwater! Ava met a friend and took the test to go down the BIG slide! She took off with and played with her most of the morning! I got a glimpse of what my life will be like in a few years when my kids are grown and go off by themselves! Can't complain about that!
My kids ALWAYS prove me wrong. I have learned to NEVER have high expectations because you never know what you will get! I just wish I didn't wait until the LAST day of break to go! We will be spending a lot of time there this winter!


2 comments:

Nicole said...

I feel the same way... I always get worked up about taking the kids somewhere... and they always do better than I could imagine. Okay.... maybe not ALWAYS.. but usually, and even when it's difficult (a day out or even a vacation) the memories are always worth it!!!!

kwimsatt said...

This looks like an awesome pool. I wish we had one like it here (or near) us. :)