Monday, July 6, 2009

Busy 4th Weekend

I feel like we didn't stop going all weekend long! Mike had the day off on Friday. It was a glorious day because I got to sleep in and take my first post natal run. The only problem with sleeping in is that the day goes too fast! Once we got around it was after noon. Mike took the girls firework shopping. After lunch, since Ava's naps are pretty much non-existent these days, we got to spend some quality time together. We went grocery shopping and to Target. I think we both enjoy the alone time! After dinner on Friday, we let off some of our newly purchased fireworks. These has become a tradition and I don't know who enjoys it more, Mike or the kids.











We woke up early Saturday morning to go to a kid parade in our new neighborhood. There were tons of kids all with their bikes decorated for the holiday! Ava and Molly can't wait to participate in the parade next year!! We hung out at my parents house for the morning then went home.











Later that evening, after mass, we went for a cookout at Grandma and Grandpa's. The weather was crappy! Never in my life do I remember such a cold 4th! After dinner we let more fireworks off and went to watch fireworks. We had a hard time finding some because the usual places were not putting a show this year for lack of funds I suppose. We were spoiled at our old house because we could sit in our backyard and watch. The girls didn't care. Molly really got into all the colors this year. It was a very late night and Ava feel asleep in the car.




On Sunday Mike and I celebrated our anniversary! 7 years! I can't believe how fast it has gone! Instead of buying each other gifts this year, we bought carpet for our new family room! So exciting! We celebrated by going out for our favorite dinner.. sushi! It was a nice relaxing dinner.




This summer is flying by and will be over before we know it! The rest of July is crazy busy with birthdays, Rachel's baptism, and moving!!

No comments: