Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Introducing.... Rachel Ann Cummings

Today I was finally able to get a picture of this sweet girl with her eyes open. She is a huge blessing to our family. The adjustment has been going smoothly so far. I did forget what it was like to have a newborn. The lack of sleep, the laundry and all of the diaper changes! It seems like the second I try to get something done, Rachel wakes up. With the third, it's amazing how I know that all of this is short lived. I am enjoying it and taking it all in. She is very mellow. Not sure if it's all she's been through in her young life or if it's her disposition. She know weighs 7 oz over her birth weight and is eating every 3 hours with a long stretch of 5 hours. Unfortunately, that 5 hour stretch is during the day.

Ava and Molly are in complete love with her. They are the biggest help. Always willing to get me a diaper, wipes or a blanket. She doesn't seem to mind when they are in her face. They just wish she would be awake more often and can't wait for the day she can play with them.



No comments: